All our Perma Guard DE are certified and come in resealable, food grade, and sealed bags. Many other Diatomaceous Earth products do not have verified credentials. Ours is Perma-Guard certified food grade Fossil Shell Flour. Please ensure that you only ingest Diatomaceous Earth that is Perma-Guard.
- Food Grade - registered as a food additive with the FDA
- OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) Certified
- Kosher Certified
Perma-Guard is the original and largest supplier of food grade Diatomaceous Earth in the world. Perma-Guard is the trade name for the highest grade and quality Diatomaceous Earth. Perma-Guard Diatomaceous Earth is the fossilized remains from microscopic shells of freshwater plankton called diatoms. Perma-Guard Diatomaceous Earth is sourced from an extremely pure fresh water deposit of the diatom Melosira Preicelanica. This diatom is unique because its shell is made of amorphous silica. Its shape and hardness are important to how it works.
Fresh Water vs. Salt Water Diatomaceous Earth
Perma-Guard's fresh water deposits have a unique and consistent diatom presence. Their fossilised shells have maintained their tubular shape. This shape and strength of the fossil shell is critical to its effectiveness. Perma-Guard deposits have 89-95% amorphous silica content and contains 28 trace minerals. Salt water deposits contain a mix of types of diatoms of different shapes. Their fossilised shells are fragile and break easily. This renders them ineffective for our purposes.
How To Use Diatomaceous Earth
- Human Ingestion and Consumption
- Pets: When lightly rubbed into their coats or dusted on their premises, Diatomaceous Earth is very effective against fleas, ticks, lice, and other pests on dogs, cats and birds. It can also be used as an organic wormer and will kill any worms or parasites. Diatomaceous Earth as part of older pets' diets will assist in maintaining joint health. When using as a dewormer, mix Diatomaceous Earth into their food as follows.
- Kittens: 1/4 teaspoon
- Large cats: 1 teaspoon
- Small dogs: 1/2 teaspoon
- Dogs under 45kg: 1 tablespoon
- Dogs over 45kg: 2 tablespoons
- Garden plants: Diatomaceous Earth will control most garden insects upon contact. It is particularly useful against aphids, white fly, cabbage loopers, ants, cut worms, harlequin bugs and caterpillars. Insects cannot build up a resistance to it. For dry application of Diatomaceous Earth use a duster and cover the entire plant, applying to both the top and bottom of the leaf. Application is most effective when there is dew or after a light rain. It is a long lasting, effective powder but will need to be reapplied after rain. Diatomaceous Earth will not harm earthworms or beneficial soil microorganisms. Wear a dust mask when applying large amounts of it.
- Around The Home: Diatomaceous Earth is effective in and around the home, yard and animal housing. It is particularly useful against cockroaches, silverfish, fleas, flies and crickets.
Diatomaceous Earth Powder in resealable bags.
All Items, Australian Brands, Grocery, Health and Wellbeing Groceries, Health and Wellbeing Powders and Granules, Health and Wellbeing Vitamins And Supplements, Himalayan Salt Collective, Locally Packed Australian Goods and Certified International Products, Orku™, Trending Items